Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bunkmates


We started a bad habit of laying with Drew when he was really young. He was 17 months old and was climbing out of his crib and I was pregnant with Matt so we got these bunkbeds knowing they might be put to good use down the road and our plan was to put the top bunk on the floor in Drew's room at the time as his big boy bed. Well he of course wouldn't stay in his bed or room for that matter so we started laying with him. It was easy, he would stay there and being pregant at the time a little nap wasn't so bad. Well, we created a monster! Still to this day, Drew prefers to be in bed with us, however we've broken the habit or so I thought. Now on occasion, he talks Matt into letting him sleep with him. So, while the bunkbeds have definatly been a good purchase, there are still times that I wonder why we spent the time putting them up or why we even got them. I'm sure in a few more years he'll break this habit or Matt won't allow it, so we'll let them enjoy this while they can.

1 comment:

Laura Smith said...

This picture is so sweet! I don't know if I should tell you this, but I still have to lay with Katelyn at night, at eight years old. My fault for sure, but I figure some day she won't want me there, so I'll take what I can get. And then there are nights when she can't sleep either, so she'll bunk in with Andrew. I can't wait to see you guys in a couple months!