Sunday, September 2, 2012

Shark Bait

We met some friends at the zoo in July. As always we had a great time seeing all the animals and catching up with friends. Our last stop was in the aquarium area of the zoo. In that area there is a pool that has sting rays and small tiger sharks that the kids can reach in and try to touch. For years now, I've been saying and fearing that someday one of my kids is going to fall into it. In fact I had just told my friend that exact statement and even added that "if one of my kids is going to fall in, I sure hope it is on a nice hot day vs a cold January day so at least we wouldn't have to walk to the car freezing cold." Well sure enough, within minutes of that statement I see Matt's feet in the air and then his orange muscle shirt underwater through the glass. We of course pulled him right out and luckily had a towel with (the zoo also has a splash pad). The poor kid was very embarrassed and of course scared. He's come around and realized that it was kind of cool and has a new nickname - shark bait who ha ha (from Finding Nemo). That is a day at the zoo that I probably won't ever forget and Matt probably won't either.

No comments: