Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Non-Soccer Mom


In many ways, I'm your sterotypical stay-at-home mom. I drive carpool in my mini-van, somedays you can find me wearing my yoga pants at Target, I'm often driving a kid to or from an activity, but I am no soccer mom. So when Drew announced this summer that he wanted to try soccer, Craig and I both tried to encourage him to try football. Football was Craig's sport growing up and I've never watched or played a game of soccer in my life. But Drew insisted on playing so we signed him up. The Polar Bears had a good season and Drew learned a lot and had a ton of fun (and has often reminded us that he had fun even though we told him he may not enjoy it). He even scored his first goal, too bad it was against his own team. I have to admit it was fun to watch him, but I had more fun hanging out with the other moms.

No comments: